Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Welcome to Our Page...




I have debated long and hard how to proceed about this process. I think this will be the best for now. I have created this blog to allow for myself, my wife Patricia and hopefully my youngest son Alex, a place where we can be totally free from guilt, judgement and most importantly the controls of manners or propriety. MY FAMILY is in mourning and we have learned how to mute our screams, stifle our sobs and blink back our tears because we are sometimes ashamed and or tired of making everyone around us sad. We are in mourning and know that when you come here this is what you will read, see and hear. Some postings may be happy, some posting will be sad and most will be downright pathetic - THIS PLACE IS CREATED for exactly that. In here there will be no apologies for the real emotions expressed.

The picture above is the impetus for the name of this blog. I titled this image Minus One when I shared it with family and friends on Facebook. This picture was taken in Lake Tahoe on Thanksgiving 2009. This picture was taken six months after the accident of our eldest son Marcus on his Mother's birthday February of 2009. Our son passed tragically on his dear Mother’s birthday. This picture was an attempt to capture a moment of joy. Every time I look at it I see my beautiful wife Patricia, our brilliant son Alex and myself, but there is always something missing.

What is missing is Marcus.   We lost Marcus on February 22, 2009.  He was driving back from Dallas to his school in Hillsboro, Kansas.  We lost Marcus because of Distracted Driving.  This young man you see below had his life in front of him.  He was scheduled to graduate in May of the same year.  He had a job lined-up as a personal trainer.  He also had plans to set-up his own Personal Training business.  He was healthy, had less than 8% body fat, a college athlete and the absolute charmer.  He was excited and at the same time scared to move on to the next page of his young life.  Our family is forever dievastated because of this tragedy.  We all miss him.  There is not a time that he leaves my thoughts.  I look at my son and my wife and I see him.  This is one pain I cannot relieve for my family.  All of this pain and grief because of a series of irreversible actions.  Thoughtless, trivial, unimportant actions!!!
He should be in the picture with us. I know some will say, "he is with you guys." Yes he is always in our hearts and minds, but I am selfish and I want him in this picture with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment