Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am a little more insane now...

Ever since our son's accident:

  • I cry at least five times a day.  I am certain my wife cries more times than me.
  • I count how many people I pass or that pass me on the road to and from work that are texting - an average of nine people a day.  That in less than an hour of driving round-trip.
  • I obsessively read the Obituary Section of our local newspaper.
  • I tend to have a knack at looking at the time at 2:22
  • I seem to pass multiple Red Mitsubishi Eclipses everyday.
  • I haven't slept peacefully.
  • Family gatherings have absolutely no appeal - or have become anxious events.
  • We have not eaten Dickey's barbecue, it was the food we were about to have the night we found out about the accident.
  • I listen to these songs daily, Chris Tomlin's " I Will Rise", Tenth Avenue North's "Times", The Fray's "How to Save a Life", Hillsong's "Mighty to Save".  They break my heart over and over but I cannot skip a day.
  • I make lists...constantly
Our crazy pack from left to right - Flopsy, Mikey, Shilo and Maggie.  Two dachshunds and two beagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment