Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dedication of Prayer Garden

Last Saturday September 25, 2010, Tabor College held a dedication ceremony for Marcus' Memorial Garden.  Patricia, Alex, Johnny (one of Marcus' high school friends), my mother-in-law Verda and Beaulah (one of her childhood friends) piled into a rental van and made the emotionally draining drive back to Hillsboro, Kansas to attend the dedication.  I was a bit disappointed once again, just like Graduation last year, because not more family or friends were able to join us.  I do understand though that life goes on.  Many commitments must be fulfilled.  Jobs, kids activities, birthdays, sports games all are very important.  Although not with us physically, I know the same people that reluctantly, maybe even embarassingly declined the invitation to joins us, where with us in spirit.

Once at Tabor we saw faces we haven't seen in a long time.  Faces that I now consider as lifelong friends because I will forever be thankful for their efforts to uplift our spirits.  I will be forever in debt for the way they now honor our Marcus and how they cared for him him when he was in Hillsboro.  These faces were just names from the many stories Marcus told us in the past.  These faces are now faces I miss deeply when I do not see them for a while.  Faces I will forever care for.

The next day we did get a chance to catch up with two of the young ladies that played a great part in Marcus' Tabor life.  They joined us for breakfast to greet Alex a belated Hapy Birthday.  Katie and Jessica are now seniors at Tabor and will soon be leaving the school behind.  Soon they will be faces that will spread farther away from us and we will miss them terribly.



No comments:

Post a Comment