Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mavs Finally Win the Big One!

Hey McCoy,

The Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Championship this past Sunday against the Miami Heat.  They won the series 4 - 2.  It was one of those things I have always thought I would be lucky if I saw an NBA championship in Dallas during my lifetime.  Well I was wrong.  It was during you lifetime.  As soon as the buzzer sounded I had to go in to your lil' bros' room and woke him up.  I had to wake him because he just came back from A-Kon and had very little sleep the past three nights.  To his credit he played it off like it was important to him too.  He high-fived and knucked me.  He knew I was happy they won and he joined me in the moment.  I was glad I did not turn on the lights because he would have seen tears rolling down my face.  I cherished that moment with your bro.  It is those moments of supposed happiness that makes me miss you the most.  I know if you were still here with us, you, me and Alex would be celebrating that win together.  Notice how when you wear home to watch a game, Superbowl or the NCAA Football your brother is suddenly interested?  I do not think it's really the game, but it's the bonding moments we always shared.  We hoot and holler at the great plays.  We hiss and cuss at the dumb ones.  Since you've been gone I haven't shared that moment with Alex.  Your Mom was plenty nice by accompanying me during the Rangers run last October.  I miss you kid.  I miss our times.  One of your Facebook friends posted one of your videos and captioned it by saying "You would have been so proud of the Mavs winning!"  She is right!  You loved your Mavs.  You admired Dirk for his weirdness.  The Championship would have been so much sweeter with you here.  I will never get used to you being gone Bud.  Never.

Love,

Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment